An article about (IT) Project Management the TPS way – project administration based on fast communication and short decision paths – eliminating “departmental thinking”.
- Need for a strong IT lead engineer – similar to the designer in the high fashion industry
- Project Management needs technical and functional knowledge to help make speedy decisions
- Small projects are more successful than large projects
Elements of the Oobeya room:
- Project Objectives describe the project background and vision.
- Voice of the Customer describes customer preferences, the basis for product design.
- Target product describes the final output and also shows the current state of the product.
- Performance Indicators translate project objectives and the voice of the customer into 3 to 4 key indicators (customer satisfaction, quality, time, cost).
- Macro Plan aggregates all the project’s key deliverables and milestones.
- Problem Solving lists all ongoing problems and documents how they are being resolved.
- Team Production Monitoring shows the flow of production for each team.
Related from Slideshare: